National Opera Review
On behalf of the Australian Government, the National Opera Review is examining the artistic vibrancy, engagement with audiences and financial positions of Opera Australia, State Opera of South Australia, West Australian Opera and Opera Queensland. These organisations are funded by the Australian Government through the Australia Council as major performing arts companies.
The National Opera Review Panel including Dr Helen Nugent AO (Chairman), Mr Moffatt Oxenbould AM, Mr Andrew McKinnon and Ms Kathryn Fagg will provide recommendations to the Australian Government.
National Opera Review Discussion Paper released
The National Opera Review Discussion Paper was released by the National Opera Review Panel in September 2015. Submissions to the Review closed on 30 November 2015.
The Discussion Paper and a list of the key issues raised in the paper are provided below.
- National Opera Review Discussion Paper [PDF 5MB]
- National Opera Review Discussion Paper [DOC 3.4MB]
- List of Key Issues in the National Opera Review Discussion Paper [PDF 58KB]
- List of Key Issues in the National Opera Review Discussion Paper [DOC 26KB]
Follow the Ministry for the Arts on Twitter for updates @artsculturegov.
- Media release—25 September 2014—National Opera Review Discussion Paper released for comment
- Media release—3 September 2014—Terms of Reference for National Opera Review
- Media release—31 July 2014—National review of opera