Indigenous Languages Support (ILS) case studies
Latest case studies
- Indigenous languages - an expression of culture and vehicle through which culture is kept alive - April 2013
- Talking Hands - The iltyem-iltyem ‘sign language’ project - February 2013
- Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre revives Tasmanian Aboriginal language palawa kani - February 2013
Video case studies
The below vignettes were produced by ABC Open in association with local communities
Our Mother Tongue: GunaiKurnai
Find out how a dynamic group of women are reviving the GunaiKurnai language throughout East Gippsland in Victoria in this ABC Open Stories vignette.
Our Mother Tongue: Woiwurrung
Wurundjuri elder Aunty Joy Wandin Murphy shares her story about her connection to the Woiwurrung language in this ABC Open Stories vignette.
Our Mother Tongue: Wiradjuri
Find out how efforts to preserve the Wiradjuri language at schools in Parkes, NSW has helped create tolerance and understanding in this ABC Open Stories vignette.
- Gathering local data to promote evidence-based language planning – August 2011
- Butchulla language revival in Queensland – December 2010
- Working on Wadu Matyidi - language revival through animation – September 2010
- Aboriginal languages and culture celebrated at All Stars match – July 2010