Indigenous Culture Support (ICS)
2013–14 Funding Round
The 2013–14 Indigenous Culture Support (ICS) funding round has now closed.
- 2013–14 funding round outcomes
About Indigenous Culture Support (ICS)
Indigenous culture is a dynamic part of Australian culture and identity. The Australian Government's ICS funding supports the maintenance and continued development of Indigenous culture at the community level.
ICS funds activities that encourage culturally vibrant Indigenous communities and contribute to the cultural wellbeing of Indigenous individuals and communities. New and imaginative forms of cultural expression are encouraged as are activities that support cultural exchange among different communities and between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
ICS funding places emphasis on participation and achievements that enrich Indigenous culture, develops skills and encourage a strong sense of identity in communities.
The objectives of ICS funding are to:
- support the maintenance of Indigenous culture
- support new forms of Indigenous cultural expression
- support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ engagement in cultural activities
- promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander wellbeing by strengthening pride in identity and culture.
Eligibility for funding is outlined in the Funding for Indigenous Culture, Languages and Visual Arts 2013-14 Guidelines (PDF 7 MB).
- Indigenous Culture Support (ICS) fact sheet
- Culture and Closing the Gap fact sheet
- Strategic Plan Templates (PDF - 138KB)
- Strategic Plan Templates (Word - 82KB)
Photo: Basket weaver Ivy Hopkins, of Tjanpi Aboriginal Baskets, dyeing grass tree for raffia at Wingellina in Western Australia.