National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program
The objectives of the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach (NCITO) Program are to:
- increase overall levels of touring by National collecting institutions with particular emphasis on multiple venue tours
- promote broad access to Australian cultural material through touring works from the collections of the National collecting institutions, with particular emphasis on providing access for audiences in regional areas
- promote international awareness of Australia's cultural heritage through touring Australian cultural material from National collecting institutions overseas
- expand Australian appreciation of international cultural material through enabling National collecting institutions to bring works from international collections for exhibition or touring within Australia, and
- encourage partnerships and collaboration between the National collecting institutions and also with other institutions (archives, galleries, libraries and museums) across the collections sector, particularly in regional areas.
National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program funding is only available for use by National collecting institutions to assist them in the development and touring of their collections both nationally and internationally.
The National collecting institutions eligible to apply for funding are the:
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Portrait Gallery of Australia
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia
- National Museum of Australia
- National Library of Australia
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- Bundanon Trust
- National Archives of Australia and the
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House.
The 2015–16 funding round is now closed.
The program guidelines and documents are available below.
- NCITO application for funding form [PDF 195 kB]
- NCITO application for funding form [DOC 940 kB]
- NCITO Program guidelines [PDF 274 kB]
- NCITO Program guidelines [DOC 76 kB]
- NCITO Program: guidelines for acknowledgment and publications [PDF 349 kB]
- NCITO Program: guidelines for acknowledgment and publications [DOC 71 kB]
For more information about how to use the program logos visit the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program Program logos page.
For more information on funding recipients visit the successful National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program funding recipient's page.