National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program
The objectives of the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach (NCITO) Program are to:
- increase overall levels of touring by National collecting institutions with particular emphasis on multiple venue tours
- promote broad access to Australian cultural material through touring works from the collections of the National collecting institutions, with particular emphasis on providing access for audiences in regional areas
- promote international awareness of Australia's cultural heritage through touring Australian cultural material from National collecting institutions overseas
- expand Australian appreciation of international cultural material through enabling National collecting institutions to bring works from international collections for exhibition or touring within Australia, and
- encourage partnerships and collaboration between the National collecting institutions and also with other institutions (archives, galleries, libraries and museums) across the collections sector, particularly in regional areas.
National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program funding is only available for use by National collecting institutions to assist them in the development and touring of their collections both nationally and internationally.
The National collecting institutions eligible to apply for funding are the:
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- Bundanon Trust
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House
- National Archives of Australia
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Library of Australia
- National Museum of Australia
- National Portrait Gallery of Australia.
The 2016–17 funding round opens on 1 March and closes 1 April 2016.
The program guidelines and documents are available below.
- NCITO Program: guidelines for acknowledgment and publications [PDF 476 kB]
- NCITO Program: guidelines for acknowledgment and publications [DOC 699 kB]
For more information about how to use the program logos visit the National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program logos page.
For more information on funding recipients visit the successful National Collecting Institutions Touring and Outreach Program funding recipient's page.