Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund
Catalyst is the Australian Government's new funding program for the arts. It will invest $12 million each year in innovative projects and initiatives from arts and cultural organisations.
Catalyst will assist organisations to forge new creative and financial partnerships and stimulate innovative ways to build participation by Australians in our cultural life. It will enable access to high quality arts experiences in regional communities and international activities that achieve cultural diplomacy objectives.
Projects by, or that involve, small to medium organisations will be given priority. The fund may also support some gallery, library, archive, museum, arts education and infrastructure projects.
Catalyst will complement Australia Council, Creative Partnerships Australia and other support programs.
The Ministry for the Arts administers Catalyst. Applications assessed by a combination of independent and Ministry for the Arts assessors.
For assistance in how to apply, refer to the following guide.
The following documents may also be required depending on the nature of your application.
- Arts Access Australia—Project Accessibility Plan Template [PDF 72kB]
- Arts Access Australia—Project Accessibility Plan Template[DOC 34kB]
Applications can be made at any time but will be assessed in quarterly cycles.
Applicants should note the indicative dates in the funding cycle when planning projects:
- submit before midnight (AEST) 15 December for activities commencing after 1 April 2016
- submit before midnight (AEST) 15 March for activities commencing after 1 July 2016
- submit before midnight (AEST) 15 June for activities commencing after 1 October 2016
- submit before midnight (AEST) 15 September for activities commencing after 1 January 2017.
Applications will be assessed with the assistance of independent assessors.
Visit the become an assessor page for information on how to be an assessor.