Regional Arts Fund
The Regional Arts Fund is an Australian Government program that supports sustainable cultural development in regional and remote communities in Australia. This recognises that one in three Australians live in regional, rural and remote parts of Australia.
Funding is targeted at activities that will have long-term cultural, economic and social benefits for individuals and communities by:
- developing partnerships and cultural networks
- providing artists with professional development and employment opportunities
- supporting arts and community development projects that provide local communities with the opportunity to participate in, and access cultural activities, and
- emphasising building capacity in disadvantaged, youth, very remote and/or Indigenous communities.
The Regional Arts Fund is delivered by the peak regional arts organisations in each state, and by arts departments in the territories:
- Regional Arts NSW: www.regionalartsnsw.com.au
- Regional Arts Victoria: www.rav.net.au
- Artslink (Queensland): www.artslinkqld.com.au
- Country Arts WA: www.countryartswa.asn.au
- Country Arts SA: www.countryarts.org.au
- Tasmanian Regional Arts: www.tasregionalarts.org.au
- Arts NT: www.arts.nt.gov.au, and
- artsACT: www.arts.act.gov.au.
Community Grants and Quick Response Grants are available for local communities and artists.
Regional Arts Fund program enquiries can be made by emailing the RAF team at email@example.com
The Minister for the Arts has announced the 2014 Round 1 Regional Arts Fund Community Grant recipient.